Making Plans

Hello! 


In my last post I talked about our upcoming move to Germany. Our experience with this sudden turn of events has been a pretty sweet lesson in trusting God and trying to understand that His plans are not always our plans. Here's how this went down:

We were supposed to be in CO until at least 2015. At that point Anthony could choose to stay in the military or get out. And we had a plan for when that time came. We've helped start a youth group at our church. We had plans to be apart of that for a while. We had plans for after we left Colorado in another year or so. We were making plans and had plans in place. We...not God. Don't get me wrong, we sought God in making those plans/decisions. But we never felt we got a direct answer from him. We felt like whatever we chose wouldn't be wrong, because we know if we're seeking God he won't let us be led astray. His will always prevails. And of course, silly us, we thought our plans aligned with His plans because that's what we wanted.

Well, along comes the month of March and we find out we're going to Germany and a few months later it became more and more official. This wasn't supposed to happen. Not in our plans and usually not with how the Army works. We didn't and still don't understand it. But we know that God is in control and he has a purpose in sending us to Germany. Growing up as an Army brat I've found that sometimes when it seems like the Army is messing things up and doing stuff that doesn't make sense to us, God is behind all that, using the Army for his will for us. He always has a purpose and he can use anything for His glory and our good. 

Personally for me, if it wasn't for the Army I probably wouldn't ever move overseas again.  God knows me better than anyone and He knows what has to be done to get me where he wants me. So for now, Germany it is. 

P.S. We would appreciate prayers for peace and patience. Also, for strength to trust in The Lord and His will for us. We know He goes before us, but moving is tough especially so far away from family. So I know for me, doubt and fear can really creep in. But even with that I am excited to see what the purpose is.

Much love, <3


Leave a Reply

Powered by Blogger.